The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Second Wind


This week has been a revival week. After a month of travel spurts, or visitors, it has been challenging to get back into my routine of devoting time to writing and art. I note I've become more of a ponderer less of an active participant save a day or two here and there. Well unless you count web-design (ugg). However, I find I am smoothing out that ripple in my routine and am surprisingly rather focused. I am happy to report postcards are being ordered, a step towards making my dream career a possibility. And, on top of that, my routine of a daily sketch has successfully been achieved for a whopping three days now :) Thanks Toast. I will happily post the latest of my snoozing dog later.
I have discovered that it is often easier for me to illustrate when working with a text. As a writer, I have a tendency to be stubborn that this text ought to be my own. Somehow, the art I do, ie. sketches, in my brain registers as art, or practice, but not specific illustration. So, I have spent this past month digging out the old children's literature stories from college and have started the process of storyboarding... and editing. As I have been working on my biography of Trina Schart Hyman consistently, the process of writing and editinig is fresh and I enjoy that work right alongside my present sketching/storyboarding. So, as today is an open day from web-design work, I'm off for a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee--yes, I've been converted to a coffee drinker (two sugars for me please!) and back to the drawing board.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Molly,
So glad to see that you are blogging! Check out www.bookmoot.com also there is a BLOG called The Miss Rumphius Effect!
jp

April 17, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home