The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Logic

So today I considered the furniture one would need when furnishing a house. Quite frankly, I started out just thinking of a room. I decided I needed a table, one chair for that table, a bookshelf, and a futon to start and a few lamps. These are just the priorities. The way I have it planned, the futon can get me through a month or two till I get my own place and then it can promptly be converted to a living room piece. Now the fascination I have with all of this is the level of permanence furniture indicates. Of course being me, at least in the past four years, impermanence has been the name of the game. The last time I recall being concerned over furniture was when I was a Jr. in college. That was three or four years ago. Stunning. So here I am contemplating these things and it even occurred to me I just might be interested in curtains. I'm poking around craigslist, I'm poking around IKEA and Sears online, and then my brain goes to vacume, lawn mower and before I know it I have decided once again, being a grown-up is expensive. However, if one starts, and I mean STARTS, to decide to be in one place for a period of time I suppose these everyday things become common place and the whole mess of $ $ $ can be reduced to just one early expense (like filling your fridge for the first time with ketchup and salad dressing) and then it is relatively inexpensive.

Surprisingly, I felt kind of excited at the prospect of building my place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home