The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Evening Art

Spent the day walking with Orion on the first sunny day of the fall in New England. Came home after a nice dinner with a friend, celebrating her completion of graduate school, and felt so inspired to paint. I found a sketchbook, grabbed the paint brushes on the bottom of the closet--mine are in the back seat of the still half-unpacked car--and went to town with Florence and the Machine to motivate me along. I find the three week absence from watercolor I forget how they work slightly. It was nice to return to them. Then, I tackled finding my camera (in the trunk of the car), snagged my watercolors, (also in the trunk) and added some touch ups. I guess, this is how I feel about being back in New England. Throw your hands up and breath in. It's just magical. It is a going to a good chapter here. Throwing some roots down slowly, as I figure out how to plant myself the way I feel really speaks to me... and let the fall wrap me in the season of change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home