The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Creative spurt

The past two days I have had the most energy I have had in a huge number of months. Last night I stayed up till 12:30 drawing, sketching, prepping some new oil painting ideas and DANCING. Really, when was the last time I danced? Simple pleasures.

This morning I woke up and stayed in my pj's until two, dancing around the house, drinking two cups of coffee, cleaning and just feeling an overwhelming sense of happiness. Orion & I went for a few walks, sitting out and looking at the tall pine trees, thinking about painting and then beginning painting... next door, there has been a dj rocking out music for some function and surprisingly he has good taste, so with a nicely provided soundtrack, I pulled out a sheet of paper from my friend Faye and started in on the painting I prepped for oil in watercolor as well. It has been a LONG time since I have painted with watercolor so large but it was a good exercise and I was able to stay standing the majority of the time which was also pretty awesome for me... I still feel the twitching for another painting. It is as though my four months off of drawing are now spilling forth in happy abandon and my hands are staying ninety percent still so I don't find myself frustrated and can enjoy just expressing the ideas circling in my head....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home