The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Working habits...

I always struggle with being too tight if I paint traditionally first. I fuss, I fidget but there is something about traditional work that really can't be beat with Photoshop alone. So tonight I had fun working on an idea--trying it first in a tight format, then seeing what I could do loosely sketching it out in my sketchbook. In the end, I like the sketchbook version better.. Probably if I did it on the computer I'd have yet a third concept of favorite..

Tight watercolor
Sketchbook


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely love the sketchbook painting. Somehow conveys joy. But both are wonderful.

November 13, 2014 at 6:48 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Yeah I feel the sketchbook one is more playful.

November 13, 2014 at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home