The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Routines

The morning has been dedicated to work on the Trina book. I took the dogs for a walk, ate breakfast, showered and was at my desk at 9 AM. My goal was to write for three hours, uninterrupted. That mostly meant I could not answer my phone (I did pretty well with this save for when my dad called but he did just get out of surgery so I wanted to see if he was doing ok).

I peacefully worked in the quiet, flipping through old research to follow up on quotes I may not have cited in the original writing, smiling as I read over friendships, voices, random bits of information that play no important role in the book itself but fascinate me none-the-less. Then 10:30 hit. My stomach was hungry. I was getting stiff. (Sometimes I still forget I can't do one posture for much more than an hour and a half). So I wake the pups, we do a quick walk to let them go pee, then back inside, quick can of soup... then I figured I can't just go back to the same body posture, so on with some Beyonce, do some dancing, then back to the "drawing board" for me.

I could do this life full time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home