The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Catherine's Movement

"Look around the room, what are you noticing?" A common question with the woman who I credit largely for having me up and walking again. "I seem to resonate with that purple painting..." And then my eyes are jerked up to the ceiling, where the trim is painted a bright mustard yellow with a line of red. I start chuckling.
"What's that?" she asks.
"The trim,"I say.
"Oh, that. I was playing. It doesn't really work does it?"
"Well, it makes me laugh and it is kind of your colors so you could leave it and it adds quirkiness but technically if you wanted it to work you'd need to find something to pull that color into the room."
"Where am I going to find that?"
"I don't know. You have a bunch of paintings..." And then we're back to working out my nervous system...
She's been on vacation for a bit. I just want to be DOING art. I don't know that I want to sit and think out anything amazing, I just want to be doing. Move some energy out that way. And so I create Ireland's cousin, as I think of it... or Catherine's Movement as choice one for that trim to pull into the room:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home