The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

The difficulty with a 8 year project...

The trouble with a day like today is I read so many notes, notations, lectures, writings that by the time I look up another quote needs a citation and all I have is Trina information floating around. I hear her voice saying the quote, but then maybe it was someone else quoting her... and then there's the Caldecott recording running with her reading it in my head.... can't you just trust that I know this as truth? I've read so much it's become less about where, and more about fact. My brain is a random factoid center for all things related to Trina. How many vitamins you ask? 17. And then there's the visual part of my brain that can often picture the font the quote is in... but, where oh where is that font... flip another binder open...
Oh, where was that one quote from...
And then I go again, flipping through each of my many pieces of research. I scold myself for my crazy note taking like, "23a "here's a great quote""--what the hell did I mean by source 23A Molly-the-Younger??? or when I find a sheet of paper with them listed and enough of a source for me to follow: "Good job Molly!" And then there's that box in the closet at my parent's house, and the box on the floor of the room I often sleep in at my parents with yet more folders... or my sketchbook with post-its stacked on top of post-its, the binding broken, the paper falling out...
And where was that one quote again???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home