The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Back at the drawing board

I have been stuck studying for tests for the past three weeks. Any free time that I have had has been nose to the book, hand to the index card. Not my favorite way to spend my time. I went from sketch-a-day to no more sketching, period. Granted these were classic "high stakes" tests so my studying was valuable but the balance I usually desire with art/creativity is also a valid high stake.
Needless to say, I delighted myself on pulling out a new canvas and starting a fresh picture this morning--a commission I put off until after these tests were done knowing my self well enough to tell the person I wouldn't be starting them until March (there are two different paintings on the brain). Patching the new hole in my art overalls, I settled in to Irish music and painting in tonal colors a scene of mountains--not my first choice of subjects but I was happy the client picked the thumbnail that I was most interested in recreating. After about four hours though my joints were done as was my interest so now the boy and I are happily legs up vegging on the couch--until I get up and clean my brushes as my responsible self ought to do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home