The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Fiber Arting

I once had this fantasy of owning a farm where I had my own personal sheep out in the back yard, sheep that graciously gifted me use of their fur to hand dye in my barn and spin into glorious yarns. In that same barn I would have bolts of cloth that too shared in the dying process, hand painted to make the most stunning fibers and with these two fibers I would make fabulous eye catching pieces unlike any made before. People would talk about the artist who lived in the big barn up the dirt road. I would have artshows where I would carefully package everything up, complete with labels of "Moondust" and "Magic's Past" because who wouldn't look a touch closer at something labeled "Moondust"? In the meantime, while my sheep are far in my future, I have been working on my first half sewing machine, half hand-sewn quilt for my adorable nephew. I am still adjusting to the ease of a sewing machine--relating well to those women who stubbornly refused to learn a machine when their hands could work faster :) (My personal sewing machine is off location at present--we have a much better relationship.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home