The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Huff and Puff and ...


While much delayed, I wanted to post this image of my fire that I started with such limited paper but all the natural resources of the woods on my moonlight camping trip with my friend. I was especially impressed with myself because all winter I would puff and blow, and crinkle paper, and crack kindling, but never, and I mean NEVER could I get a fire to start in the fireplace in my parents home. I blew so long I nearly passed out on the tiles. It was pathetic. I even had a true card-carrying Native American on the phone prompting me with the process, and I still couldn't start the fire. So, this, small, tender, little kindling fire at a campground in Vermont, was a huge feat for my pride and therefore, I felt I ought to share it with my online world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home