The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Up to the Eithers


My boss likes to say, as we ponder over the choices in life, "Let's through that one up to the Eithers." When we throw things up to the Eithers it means we no longer have control over making the choice, but rather are asking the "Either Ors" to help us determine the best path for us to follow. So here I am after months of struggling with this piece of artwork, throwing it up to the Eithers, or in this case my two primary blog readers, Toast & JP, to assist in informing me of what it is that this piece is lacking to prevent it from jiving. Typically I find I innately know what to do with a piece of artwork, having a sense what needs to be where to make it click, but on those occasions where this innate sensibility is absent from my world I rely on those artists and peers around me, hoping that they may see what key component I should add--and hopefully, these "Eithers" can help reveal the mysteries of this piece so I may finally put it away (or hang it up).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home