The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekends


This weekend was a glorious break from my "To Do List". I find sometimes when my mind is constantly busy with "You should be doings," I have little time to genuinely relax and enjoy my present space. Now that meditation has taken a back seat, I have to find other ways to pause and take time away from the "To Do List". So this weekend I retired the list, and took a weekend as I likely had as a kid, and just chilled. In this relaxed state, I decided to start work on this ice cream shop series, a fun set of photographs a friend took of me in the infamous Cincinnati Grater's shop. It is my first time painting oils on paper and while at first I didn't like the sensation of not really being able to mush the paint around, now I am enjoying it. I'm also striving to be more general in my painting and not over specifying any one particular area. This was helpful while working on the fingers because it made me stop and think more about distinctive colors. So here it is in progress--straight off the drawing board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home