The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Plein Air Round 2


One of my previous living locations was a hot bed of plein air painters. Artists could be seen along the riverbank all year round, paint brushes in hand or in the fields buckets swinging from their transportable easels. Despite having many practicing artists around I had never stopped to learn the secrets of the trade. One evening my friend and I went out to her old family property, peacocks waddling around us and we sat down with our acrylic paints and had a lovely time painting the wheat and soybeans. However, I opted for a teal sky and brilliant orange exaggerated tones, tones completely different from the immediate view in front of me, yet interesting all the same. So with that history, I attempted my first realistic color landscape while on my silent retreat. What a learning experience. I'm not completely convinced this genre is the one for me, but it was a good thinking exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home