The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Rock a Bye Baby


I altered this piece from a piece I did last summer. I know often illustrators are told to pick a time and location when thinking of where a story takes place, and I was excited doing this piece in a completely different scenery than my initial thumbs suggested. I've been focusing on the southwest lately and it was a nice challenge to limit my color palette to the tones most likely found in such an environment. I also found it challenging after having worked in oil since December pretty regularly trying to go back to a translucent medium such as watercolor and acrylic. I really enjoyed mixing in multiple mediums though (ie. pencil and charcoal and watercolor pencils). I felt that assisted in making the piece move more successfully towards where I wanted it to go. I still think it has some issues, but it was a great experience for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home