The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Bird of the heart

Today on my drive to an Apple store, a drive that is becoming a familiar one, I had the special experience of watching a red tailed hawk drop from the sky to land in the grass beside the highway. I was captivated by watching the wings pose for landing, the body of the chest tilting forward, claws outstretched. For a time I looked towards the red tail as a sign to pay attention to, a guiding post if you will, as my animal familiar. I noted their presence as providing both a sense of comfort and security, and magical to a degree. It seems as though it has been a long while since I have seen one and I like to think again that this sighting provides me with a message of something positive, or just a change in my path, a message to heed. If nothing else, it left me with the impression of once again being awed by that which is natural.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home