The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Rainy Day Notations

With rain falling down in concentric circles of all sizes, I listen to the raspy voice of Bob Dylan and fight with Starbucks free internet on a Monday afternoon. The rain is a welcome sight, despite the overall sense of gloom it seems to cast on the already grey New England landscape. It's welcome because of the way it pools in low areas, the way its warmth causes the piles of dirty snow to melt away, revealing green grass beneath. It has been awhile since we've seen green grass here, and I imagine it will be a while yet until we can trust we'll see it longer than just one wet, grey, rainy afternoon, but its there, and I appreciate it.

After two straight days of computer work, my body resists sitting again in a chair to work, yet I am so proud of the work done on two websites, (mine own website: mollymcloughlin.com, updated as well) my new-to-being published writer friend, and then work with another friend's graphic design projects (yellowhorsedesign.com). I sit here, with my Trina files by my side, stationary to correspond with old friends, and a sketchbook to plot out my next design, my goals, or just to have nearby should something require a pause to jot it down.

I feel quite sleepy these days even though I have slept well and flirt with caffeinated coffee. I have two semi-damp canvas' propped around my room from my last painting excursion, and tonight is another night at The Starving Artist so I am sure my artistic cravings will be well satisfied come my next three days of sprint work down in the south shore area. Presently, that is what I have to report. I should have more images up after tonights class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home