The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Beginnings



I am presently reorganizing my old computer--backing up files, deleting files (it's 10 at night and I want to try my old X-Files game out).

All the same I came upon these two images... ones I had meant to use in a blog and must've forgotten.

Sometimes, when I stare at Trina Schart Hyman's amazing ability to capture the human form, I think, dang. She was just amazing--how can I ever hope to get to that level? Now, having interviewed many a friend of Trina's, I recognize she worked her butt off... that aside, sometimes I like to think back on her earlier books ... Sometimes I even pull them out to flip through the pages... and while I realize technology certainly aided in the coloring process, I smile and think, "Look at how she began. She was a beginner once too." And so, with that, I'm posting both Trina's beginning, and my beginning, to show how even the Caldecott Winning artist that I admire SOOO much, the incredible line masterer herself, once started out struggling a bit to capture a form that she eventually mastered. So here is my beginning to remind myself, Molly you are improving. And I toast to Trina's beginning, as I toast to my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home