The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

the A, B, C's

So I write this running on what should be three nights of sleep condensed into the equivalent of two. AKA I'm sleep deprived.

It has been awhile since I have posted. A couple new things going on in my life: a.) I got a new job that cuts my commute down to just 1 hour and a half. b.) I received my Society of Children's Book Writer's and Illustrators pack (yes, I've finally joined) c.) my job has benefits so hopefully I can get contacts soon and no longer have to deal with speckled glasses in the rain. d.) I've looked at four apartments and met some very colorful people. e.) I am painting Tuesday come hell or high water. f.) I went to a Chris Pureka concert in Northampton with my mum and it was absolutely awesome. Right up there with the time I made Ma go see The X-Files at 10:30 on a school night in Cincinnati. Needless to say that didn't help in my sleep campaign.

My new job has me leaving the house between 5:30 AM and 6:30 AM. While this may sound absurd, I drive through the most beautiful landscapes and watch the sun crest over the trees, only to reflect on the ponds per my return as it settles back into it's space on the opposing horizon. It makes me feel like drawing, or painting.

I did some nice sketches of Chloe and Ma the other day while waiting for my laundry. I'll try to post them on my day off. I guess The Starving Artist no longer does figure drawing on Mondays which is a bummer since I loved that little time, but I suppose I always have the passerby's in the parks.

Also, I started up kidbookstop.com.
Check it out. I'll do my best to update it once a month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home