The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Starting my painting

So I decided to log the process of this painting, in part, to allow my friend the experience of art teaching from home but also just to allow my followers a bit of variety in the blog. I don't know how interesting this will be to all parties, but I am going to post these periodically on my website too: mollymcloughlin.com

This one is the prepping the canvas for a sketch. Note that I am not working on a white background. I have gessoed the background with a half a pill bottle of white gesso and a squirt of lime green and cobalt blue acrylic. I was taught never to paint on a white canvas because it is intimidating. Also, by laying down this green tone I have established the temperature for my painting. Normally if I wanted a warm feeling I would lay down yellow or some variant of warm but this is an oceanish painting so it's cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home