The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Apple Magic

I started a new section to my The Art Pal (www.theartpal.com) where I am going to be teaching people how to paint. A pal of mine wanted to learn how to paint trees so we took to undergoing an online watercolor school aptly named "Molly Louisa's Art Institute". I am working out some kinks as I go, adapting to the video format while making art, as well as to what specifically my student needs or wants to know. It is surprisingly so much fun. The other day we did an online video chat where I had her share my screen and we went over her homework for the week, with me drawing on it in photoshop and just talking about art as I drew. It was such a nice feeling, which I suppose surprised me because my last experience teaching high schoolers was not at all something I'd like to go through again (although I have many times consented that the particular high school and where I was at that point in life may have been all it was and all high school students are not terrible :))
So last night I was having a blast dancing and jiving to music and opted to record while I did one element that I needed for my website. Below is the video. It is not very descriptive as most of mine tend to be (I talk about exactly what I'm doing as I do it), this is more just fun to watch an apple take shape. I prefer to just pull the "play" bar quickly across to watch it form.... I'll post teaser's to the lessons as I get further into the course.
Oh and the best part is I was learning from my student as well. While I was doing this apple painting I thought about some aspects of painting an apple she had picked up on that I naturally would not have. Loved it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home