The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Evening's Events

So this evening I had to pump myself up for what I knew was going to be a longish night of painting, in attempts to finish up a commission for next weekend. Shower, Irish Soda Bread in the oven, ipod on ears, I was ready to rock and roll. While I was groanie prior to the actual painting extravaganza, once I sat down, as usual, I was having a wonderful time. So here are some of the images from my painting streak this evening...





That aside, I've been making Christmas presents every day during my free time. I am a Christmas present Craft center here on Harris Avenue. With this being said, I absolutely love my new apartment and studio room. One can't beat a space dedicated solely to art. While unpacking, I specifically didn't allow my printer to go in my studio because it didn't fit in the creative space without poor work vibes, so it's perched on my file cabinet in my bedroom. If someone came to visit, they would know where the priorities lie in my world as my living room is pretty much vacated, empty and echoey (yeah need furniture) but with paintings propped up all along the walls. The kitchen is coming along, but needs a table (I was using a shelf of my bookshelf for a bit). But if you go to my studio, it is up and running. Bookshelf against the wall, Trina perched atop it; paintings laid out on the floor while I debate the final wall, books lining the cool old window frames, magic things integrated in the corners, studio desk up and paints all alongside. Even my bedroom can't beat that.

So, while I'm busy as anything, prioritizing Christmas before the rest of the furniture aquisition/apartment embelishments, it is a great space and full of such potential. I can't wait to continue investing in it. Plus, they let me have dogs so as I consulted with my sister this evening on the activity planning for the upcoming birthday she suggested going to look at dogs. I always want to have wonderful birthdays--who wouldn't? And I think this would be a grand idea.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Inspired Stitcher said...

Hey Mol,

Congrats on the new abode! I think the prospect of a dog sounds like a grand idea too. Maybe this spring I'll get another furry child. We'll see...

Hugs from your old home away from home,
Lisa P

December 16, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home