The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Monday, January 10, 2011

My soon to be Best Pal



This is going to be my new buddy. I visited him for the first time today at his farm out in Kentucky. As his eyes are not yet open, I'm just hoping he'll remember my smell. When I set him back down his mom sniffed at him the most so I figure I must've left some kind of scent on him. He was all snuggly though--I like to think it was us bonding, but as he was sleeping under a heat lamp, it's more likely he was just trying to stay warm. I can appreciate that too. So I talked to his mom and told her to take good care of him and said I would do the same. I talked with his dad, who was much more interested in just the fact a human was hanging out with him and his six other pals than in my promises of good care. Then I spoke with a bulldog, named Bella, who was going through a rough emotional time as she had a c-section and lost her only pup. I told her I was sorry and petted her velvet head.

All and all, a good day.

I'm now debating about the spelling of Orion's name. Orion or Orien. The trouble with Orion is my brain says, "Onion". I don't want to think my dog is an onion. (He looks like a potato presently but that'll change). Orien however says, "O'Brien" in my head and I'm reminded of my fifth grade boyfriend. Tough things to contemplate.

:) He comes home early February. I just realized February is spelled with two "r's". I pronounce it Feb-u-ary. Not, Feb Brew Airy. Weird. Anyways, Feb it is, and then it's he and I--in it for the long haul.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandra Neil Wallace said...

Oh, my, goodness, Molly.Orion is so cute. And you know all about how smell sticks with animals (at least I know with cows and horses), after reading Little Joe, right?

Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

January 11, 2011 at 6:32 PM  
Anonymous Lisa said...

Well ain't you somethin'?! I think he looks like a mighty fine little buddy. I like the name too! I can't wait to hear more about his homecoming next month.

Hugs,
Lisa

January 12, 2011 at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home