The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Fall

I have not posted in awhile largely because I have not been "home" a term that I will once again put in quotation marks as I bounce from place to place.
Arriving "home" I am surprised to sense my reaction to the slow change in the weather. I feel the shift in the cool mornings, and the soft layer of leaves resting on the grass. While I have certainly not had my full wearing of shorts I recognize that I have missed that time, my summer in New England has quickly moved into fall. Interestingly enough, fall happens to be my favorite time of year. It is the season that typically causes me the most comfort, providing a sense of comfort, of new things, of beautiful colors, of fall walks, yet I notice my typical feelings of excitement and comfort are more hesitant. I feel as though fall here to me represents more of a "calming before the storm". I have not wintered in New England in a number of years. I have really not caught a whole seasonal cycle in New England period. When I arrived my area was recovering from a wicked ice storm that had left much of the state without power. While I dimly remember this period, I do remember sensing that winter was hanging on a bit longer than I appreciated in the spring months. So now I am here feeling as though my fall, while it is suppose to be the most beautiful time of year in this area, is in fact not going to hold the comfort of my other falls but rather provide that sense of gather your food and head to the cave (or basement) to stay warm because winter is just around the corner. And as I am limbo land for a transition period, not able to fully transition, but not fully in the same place, I feel as though this season, my continued pant-wearing, wool searching, may be far different from my previous falls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home