The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Atlanta Sunshine

It has been a busy month for me so far between driving to my new job which is awesome but two hours away (great for catching up on my books on tape), and bouncing around with family things. This week I sent out another round of postcards to publishers with my lion and mouse black and white paintings. I often think of Eileen Spinelli, who has published a ton of books and poems and how she has the routine of sending out manuscripts and promotional pieces bi-weekly. Even if she is doubtful with limited responses she does it all the same. And so I sent out thirty cards today that may hopefully join my pirate card in a file somewhere for art directors to consider periodically for children's books.

Besides that I had a nice warm up in Atlanta, GA with Kelley (www.kelleyscause.blogspot.com) and went to the Bodies exhibit which was fascinating both from an artistic perspective as well as just flat out curiosity. We saw nerves, muscles, bones, you name it. I thought the body that had all the human interventions implemented in it, ie. leg rods, replacement hips, plates in head, back fusions etc. was really pretty cool to see--just all the ways we have learned to modify the human skeleton when injured. I also went to this fabulous pizza shop with Kelley and Danielle (Kelley's sister, my childhood pal) and enjoyed the mix of Latina music from the companion restaurant and the outdoor patio. On Monday I got the chance to join Kelley for her IMT therapy which was fascinating. Kelley was working on moving her hand forward and backward, a motion so easily taken for granted but was awesome to see Kelley utilize her physical strength and mind to strengthen and rebuild the nerves in her arm/hand. It was great to warm up and catch some good airport sketch time before returning to the cool northeast. The leaves are looking fabulous now and I love the turn around the roads to see the classic New England stones with bright leaves and old farmhouses. Granted I'm back in wool socks, but I'm more appreciative of the beauty.

1 Comments:

Blogger Technology for Life said...

Keep sending those out until it is a habit like tooth brushing. Invite that as such an automatic habit that your right hand doesn't even know what you left hand is doing. Do it because it needs no thoughts posited and there will be no room for hitchhikers good or bad no room at all just a habit thing, you just do it.

October 15, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home