The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall II

For the past four falls I have not lived in the same location, and yet for some reason, this fall has me very reminiscent of my last one spent in the midwest. It seems strange to me that for all my traveling, I find I am looped back into memories of spending fall in another location. Yet, I also find tugging at my mind the knowledge of what it is to "fall" here, in New England--a seasoning I haven't done since I was ten. It is as if my younger self is emerging from the subconscious with what this experience will be like, and how best to prep for it with the smells and the shift in the air, the wool sweaters and socks, while my mind periodically looks back a year to the leaf fallen paths of Indiana, the frost coated grass, the last routine, the dogs and a different set of 'family'.

I find seasons, particularly those on the in-betweens, fall and spring, offer much in the way of making one feel a personal transition, as I've mentioned before. I once connected very well with the movie Chocolat, where the woman knew when the wind changed it was time to move on. Ohio, Connecticut, California, Indiana, and now New Hampshire... and yet for whatever reason this season seems most distracting to me. I do not feel the rapid transition that comes when I up and leave a place, rather the trickle transition that has been occurring for much of this year as is. And so on this October 1st, with the leaves ablaze, and a fire to be started, I listen to the wind but stay where I am, moving like the turtle in the race to meeting myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelley's Cause said...

Mol...i absolutely love the way you write...but you sound a bit sad as am I...don't worry you will cheer up when you see my palm tree in georgia

October 2, 2009 at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home