The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Birds, Birds, and more Birdies!


My friend just adopted a baby girl and has set up his nursery with a bird theme. He asked if maybe I could do some art for the room... and as we all know, I love having focus with art, so I had a wonderful morning coming up with sketches and playing on the computer with Corel's woodcut effects.

Then I took a power nap that lasted an hour and a half, and am just now revamping for art day number two, rocking out to grooveshark (a cool way to listen to music without having to wait to hear the songs you want).

I find myself also missing my grandparents for some reason tonight. And my Aunt Kathy who took off for New Zealand after everyone passed on. I guess that's just how it goes though. People die and you just kind of miss them here and there. I can see where people enjoy re-meeting again.

So I'm rocking out as usual, looking ridiculous, working on a portrait for a friend of mine. Oh, side note, today I found a new pet store and met this little girl playing in the bin of dog toys. "Do you have a dog?" I asked her. She said yes, and held up her stuffed little black pup, "Do you?" "I will." "Is it a boy or a girl?" "Boy--what's yours?" "A boy." "What's his name?" "Zack. Mom said we can't get any more toys though because we have too much stuff in our house." I look up to the mother and she nods her head. "Well, you can help me pick one out for my dog if you'd like because I hear they like to chew on things and I think he needs a few more toys."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home