The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Finally posting on the pup



We (me, myself, and I (and Orion)) are on day three here of having a new puppy. Whew! I am absolutely in love with the little fellow too. We had a big day today going out to see the bald eagles in Indiana--Orion spent the majority of the time tucked into my coat. Orion had his first day on a leash too and wasn't entirely convinced it was for him--chewing on it in front of him, dancing along, or yanking backwards when there was a slight tug for forward movement. But it was wonderful to have him along for the day. Made me smile to think of how nice his companionship will be when he's older and he of course has such a darling little face all snuggled into my jacket, that I wasn't complaining on his companionship just the way he was today either. As I type now he's stretched out snoozing on the side of my futon--also throwing the occasional hot dog farts my way. Due to the fact I have an air mattress bed, I thought it'd be smarted to relocate to the futon until his chewing subsides. I tried the floor the first night and am bruised in every bone that has edges in my body--the futon was a much better choice last night. I'm waiting for one more bathroom run to process his hot dog training treats before I too call it a night.
Crate training is pretty solid at night--he sleeps and whines only when he has to go to the bathroom. In the day... well... that's another story, but again, we're making progress. I called a friend for consult when he sounded like he was going to take down the house in howls. Luckily I met the people upstairs outside and they said they can't hear anything from the lower apartment (ironic considering I can hear every single one of their fights and wailing baby sounds) but that made me feel like I could let him hollar for a while and potentially still reside at the apartment.
It is very dear to watch how quickly he adapts to me. He'll come with happy little hops when I call him (most of the time), and he will crawl into my lap when he's tired to conk out. Where this will go when he's an older huge pup I don't know, but I enjoyed the other yellow lab I knew doing the same as an adult so I'm happy to indulge this cuteness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home