The Musings of Molly

A blog primarily chronicling the artistic and writerly endeavors of a girl who moves with the change in wind patterns, and is always trying to puzzle out, and explore the life given.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Eden Park and Daydreams...


This morning I woke up and met my friend over in Eden Park for a little figure drawing, well, I was figure drawing and Lauren decided she was not in the mood so was cross-word puzzling, but stayed still enough that I could sketch her. It was nice. I have found Lauren has become my art pal out here and is fairly willing to make time to go out drawing when prompted. In ways, I am striving to create a group of people who also like making art, similar to what I found with The Starving Artist, or who would like to just get out and go sketching. I find this is a great way to spend time together and develop my art skill set, or just cater to my persistent need to draw. So far this, and last month I have successfully met my goal of three sketches a week despite the fact some of these sketches may be as basic as beds from Pottery Barn's magazines. It is still drawing and observing so I count the effort.

Tuesday is my day off this week, and while I find it challenging to find people who also share week days off, I am comtemplating taking the time to do an outdoor oil day. I am not nearly prepared for this (ie. no outdoor easle or turp) but I like the idea all the same and may resort to my watercolor kit anyways. The leaves are changing and some are ripe with color. I can imagine what they might be like in New Hampshire about now too, though it seems there should be one more week before they reach their prime. As I have been drooling over this concept, I thought about travel easles... and below one can see the one I presently am in love with (found on dickblick.com). Someone I was speaking with pointed out if I get one for outdoors, I can still use it in my room, despite it's smaller size. Brilliant idea!

1 Comments:

Blogger E... said...

Hey, if you're ever looking for company on an off day, let us know. We're always up for company or an adventure!!

October 14, 2010 at 5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home